Marcrist Concrete Floor Shaving Methods
The Basic Component of the Bluegrass Floor Shaving System
- Self-propelled, electric-powered, walk-behind machine
- Weight: 330 lbs
- Shaving drum 250mm in diameter, fitted with 100 interlocking diamond-impregnated blades
- Vacuum port for dust-free operation
- Consumes 16 amps of 480 volt 3 phase power
- Forward and reverse motion
- Manual rotary wheel depth control with electric readout
- Variable speed control
- Shaves from 1mm-10mm in a single pass
- 128 sq. ft. per hour shaved at 3.0mm depth
- Achieves smoother surface than other concrete shaving methods, making final release survey more reliable
- Removes embedded metal as well as concrete
- Shaves 5 times faster and produces 50% less volume of waste than other methods
- Blade life of 20,000 sq. ft. at 3.0mm or 156 hours of use
- Minimal vibration
- Achieves ALARA exposure
Safety and Training:
- No specific regulatory permits required
- Site specific, normal radiation protection and worker safety procedures apply
These specialized capabilities make Bluegrass the preferred floor shaving contractor for decontamination jobs.
Our experts are available to provide a quote or discuss your project. We have delivered creative concrete and metal cutting solutions since 1979, and welcome the opportunity to assist you.
Request A Quote
The Bluegrass culture promotes a safety first attitude. On job sites our technicians are prepared, aware, equipped and committed to safe practices.
We mobilize a full spectrum of resources to deliver prompt, successful results: highly trained personnel, dependable equipment, diamond wire saws, robotic hammers, a machine shop and more.
If your question is not answered here, contact us to discuss your project. Our experienced staff is prepared to provide solutions to any metal and concrete demolition challenge.